Flu Plan 2020
We have created a flu plan of how we will be operating this year. Please take a look at the link below for more information:
Flu Plan 2020
Attending for appointments - 19th May 2020
We are still your GP practice and its our duty of care to look after you and your family. With this in mind please help us to maintain the highest possible levels of cleanliness to adhere to infection control guidelines.
We are still operating a telephone triage system where appointment requests are rang back by the GP or Nurse Practitioner (depending on the problem) to get more information and to deal with as much as possible over the telephone.
1. Only attend the surgery for appointments that have been arranged with the reception staff. We do not operate walk in appointments and you will be advised to go home and call us
2. Only attend your appointment if you are well enough to do so. Patients with a cough, fever or loss of smell/taste should not present for their appointment. Please call us to advise us and self-isolate for a minimum of 7 days
3. If you have a face mask please wear one. Personal Protective Equipment is so difficult to come by in surgery so if you have your own supply please where that when coming into the surgery
4. If you are bringing a child for immunisations please ensure you both don’t have any of the symptoms listed above and only one parent to attend please.
5. If you are bringing a frail relative please ensure you both don’t have any of the symptoms listed above and only one adult to assist the patient please.
6. Don’t arrive too early for your appointment. We are staggering them to ensure appropriate clean down times between patients.
7. You may be asked to wait in your car and for our team to call you when you should come up to the waiting room.
8. Your temperature will be checked and recorded on arrival at our reception
The way we have to operate at the moment has changed and we are utilising telephone and video consultations where possible to assist with treatment but we are still here for our patients and we do still recommend you contacting us with your health concerns and not ‘putting things off’ until COVID19 has subsided. We don’t know how long we are in this situation for and the health and wellbeing of our patients is our utmost priority. Stay say and help us to keep you safe.
Best wishes from the team at Apsley
18th May 2020
Apsley Update on COVID19 - April 2020
The surgery is open over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend and we will continue to operate telephone and video consultations for all patients that request one. If a patient needs to be seen they will still receive a phone call first and the GP /Nurse Practitioner will assess the patients on an individual basis.
We are still operating immunisation clinics with the practice nurse as we feel that not immunising babies is more of a concern than vaccinating them. We are staggering our appointments to ensure that we have plenty of time to clean down the rooms between patients and to stop the cross over of patients in the waiting room. With this in mind we would ask that one parent brings the child for immunisation or if you are receiving B12, Depo prevera or zoladex that you attend by yourself where possible.
We are emailing sick notes to patients so please ensure that we have all of your current details.
If you don't have a nominated pharmacy for your medication to be sent to we will be contacting you to ensure that you have one assigned to your notes. This is to minimise the footfall and the traffic in the practice and allows the pharmacy to get ready for you.
We hope that you have had a nice, albeit strange Easter and have eaten far too much chocolate like we have!
Public Health England guidance from 31st January suggestions that anyone who has been to Wuhan, China in the past 14 days needs to stay indoors and avoid contact with others. They must call 111 for advice.
Primary Care Network (PCN)
Primary Care Networks are forming and setting up in your local area. Apsley is the lead Practice for our PCN (Hip C). The Practices we are working with are:
- Cobridge Surgery
- Furlong Medical Practice
- Lucie Wedgewood Health Centre
- Snow Hill Medical Centre
- Tunstall Primary Care